What's new on this site
You can keep up to date in other ways:
29 March 2014
- New: Sun Country brand Sparkling Grape Juice 750ml - Red and White varieties
Sun Country Juices Limited is initiating a recall of their Sun Country Red and White Sparkling Grape Juice after discovering that some bottles have a low level of fermentation which may cause the product contents to discharge or result in bottle breakage.
14 March 2014
- New: Klondyke Fresh brand Blue, Light ,Trim Milk and fresh Cream products
Klondyke Fresh Ltd (in receivership) is recalling some of their blue, light, trim milk and fresh cream products as these products may contain Listeria.
Consumers are advised not consume the affected products listed in this notification. If you have consumed any of these products and have any concerns about illness, please contact your doctor or seek medical advice.
6 March 2014
- New: Recalled food products: Whitestone Cheese Ltd brand â€˜Windsor Blueâ€™ retail ready and wholesale cheese products
Whitestone Cheese Ltd are initiating a recall of some batches of Windsor Blue retail ready and wholesale cheese products after discovering that these products may be contaminated with Listeria.
19 February 2014
- New: Food Recall: Kiwi and Mel-O-Rich brand Ice-cream & Frozen dessert products
Kiwi Ice Cream Company Limited advises the following Kiwi and Mel-O-Rich Ice Cream and Frozen Desert products are being recalled as ingredients used in the manufacture of these products may not meet company requirements.
This recall is in addition to the recall initiated last week and the products in this notice are additional to those products previously notified.
11 February 2014
- New: Food Recall: Kiwi, Mel-O-Rich and Much Moore brand Ice-cream & Frozen dessert products
A routine audit for Kiwi Ice Cream Company Limited has revealed that a supplied ingredient used in some of their products was re-packed in an unlicensed food premises. As a precautionary measure all products listed within this recall notification are being recalled.
1 February 2014
- Update: Food Recall - Bulmer Harvest brand Scrumpy Apple Cider - 1.25L Bottle
Bulmer Harvest CUB NZ Ltd are initiating a recall of their Scrumpy Apple Cider after discovering that some of the product labels do not declare the alcohol percentage and volume of product.
17 January 2014
- Update: Food Recall: Meadow Farms brand Onion and Garlic Marinated Pork Sirloin Steak
Allergen Warning: Meadow Farms NZ Ltd is initiating a recall of their Meadow Farms brand Onion and Garlic Marinated Pork Sirloin Steak after discovering that the product had been incorrectly labelled. The product contains sulphites which are not declared on the label.
14 January 2014
- New: Food Recall: Anchor and Pams Fresh Cream 300ml and 500ml
Fonterra Brands (New Zealand) Ltd have initiated a recall of 300ml and 500ml Anchor and Pams cream as products tests show the presence of E. coli in some of these products.
11 September 2013
- New: Recalled food products: Speights Cider 568ml six bottle pack and 568ml single bottles
Affected product has been sold in 568ml six bottle pack and 568ml single bottles with a Best before date between 9/6/2013 and 16/01/2014
5 September 2013
- New: Marine biotoxin alerts
Update of Marine Biotoxin warnings.
12 August 2013
- Update: Recalled Food Products: Nutricia NZ Ltd - Karicare Infant Formula
Nutricia NZ Ltd Karicare Infant Formula Stage 1 (0-6 months) 900g. Karicare Gold+ Stage 2 Follow On Formula (6-12 months) 900g. UPDATE: Only these two products with a production date between 21st May 2013 and 2nd August 2013 (inclusive) are affected.
18 July 2013
- New: Food Recall: 'Value Fries' brand Hash Browns
Talleys Group Ltd has initiated a recall of their Value Fries brand Hash Browns after discovering the product has been incorrectly labelled. This product contains Egg which is not declared on the product label.
12 July 2013
- New: Food Recall: Klondyke brand fresh Cream - 2litre and 300ml bottles
Klondyke Fresh Ltd has initiated a recall of their 2litre and 300ml bottles of Cream as the product maybe contaminated with Listeria.
This recall affects all product with a â€˜Best Beforeâ€™ date between 26/06/2013 and 22/07/2013.
- New: Recalled food products: 'PuYi' brand Rice Cracker â€“ 360g
Wallace Promotion (NZ) Ltd are initiating a recall of their â€˜PuYiâ€™ brand Rice Crackers that have sesame in the ingredients (the ingredients are on the back of the pack), after discovering that some bars containing Peanuts had been incorrectly included with the sesame bars.
The product may contain Peanuts which is not declared on the label.
7 June 2013
- New: Sealord No Added Salt Canned Salmon
Sealord are initiating a voluntary recall of â€˜Sealord No Added Salt Canned Salmonâ€™ due to the possibility of pieces of brass entering the canning process which may result in injury if consumed.
23 May 2013
- New: Cheese Mainland â€˜Tastyâ€™ Cheese Slices 250g
Fonterra are initiating a recall of their Mainland 'Tasty' cheese slices after discovering a fault with the product packaging. The plastic wrapping of individual slices may split into thin strips causing a potential hazard if consumed.
17 May 2013
- Update: Update to marine biotoxin warning
Bivalve molluscan shellfish collection ban has been lifted for Queen Charlotte Sound and Tory Channel.
20 April 2013
- New: Food Recall: Homebrand Crunchy Peanut Butter
Progressive Enterprises Ltd have initiated a recall of their Homebrand Crunchy Peanut Butter as product testing found aflatoxins at levels higher than the regulatory limits. The levels of aflatoxins found are not considered a safety risk.
19 April 2013
- Update: Marine biotoxin warning
Diarrhetic Shellfish Poisoning (DSP) algal bloom warning lifted on the collection of shellfish from Port Underwood.
Queen Charlotte Sound ban on shellfish collection still in place due to a bloom of Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning (PSP) algae.
2 April 2013
- Update: Marine Biotoxin alert
The marine biotoxin alert webpage has been updated with the following notices: Ban on shellfish collection in Port Underwood due to toxic algal bloom. Reminder not to collect shellfish from the Bay of Plenty coastline.